An auto-responder is an effective email marketing tool.
It’s a computer program that automatically answers a request from a subscriber who filled out an opt-in form with their email address on what’s called a ‘squeeze page’.
It than sends back an email with information they where interested in or a coupon or free offer.
With each new subscriber added, you build up your “list”.
Afterwards, messages known as “follow ups” are sent in the order and frequency that is decided by you.
You can write a series of emails “follow ups” once and set them up in your auto-responder to go out to each new subscriber.
Days, weeks (or even months) after they signed up to your list.
The benefits of this are:
- More time to do the things you need to do.
- No matter how many (say 100+) sign up the same day they all get the same series of messages.
- You can send emails to your lists any time you want.
- Write an email, press send and everyone on your list gets your news immediately.
- Able use it to educate your customers / clients / members about anything needed, before they buy.
- Sharing this email series of useful content with your leads and customers increases their awareness of you, helping build trust with them.
- If they like your content, it’ll train them to open your emails, visit your website and most importantly be ready to do business with you.
Free vs Paid
Although some auto-responders are free, they all have limited functionality.
Impose limits to how many emails you can send or how many subscribers you can have on your list.
Paid auto-responders allow you more flexibility with how you communicate with your subscribers.
They can give you more useful data, such as how many people opened your emails or clicked on your links.
Most paid email service providers charge you based on the number of subscribers you have. But the price goes up as your list grows.
An email service provider (ESP) that has a flat-fee price structure is best.
Then no need to worry about the number of your subscribers.
Auto-responders are not only useful for people who work online.
More and more offline businesses and organizations are using auto-responders to communicate with their customers/clients and members.
Auto-responders are very efficient at sending email to groups of people.
Making them indispensable and really cost-effective communication tools.