6 Important Online Marketing Ways to Build Your Brick and Mortar
Many people looking for information on a local store, search for it online first, the telephone directory is gone.
For this reason, most business and brick-and-mortar stores need an online presence. No matter your business, the internet is vital, if you want to grow your business and remain relevant, online marketing is essential. This is because the internet is an essential part of many peoples lives today and your business must be aware of it,
Here are 6 important online marketing ways to build your brick and mortar business:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is about making your website visible to search engines.
- It helps people find your products and services and very importantly – locate you.
- You need to find what keywords people are most likely to use in search of your products and services.
- A brick-and-mortar location should include a SEO strategy.
2. Content Marketing
Video reviews and tutorials of your offer will create interest if they serve a purpose and add value to your customer.
- Be a thought leader, write white papers that are of interest to your readers.
- Your blog content is an excellent form of online content marketing. The content should be useful and informative with a call to action.
- Using content positions you and your business with your customers/clients.
3. Social Media Marketing
Many potential customers are on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. You need to be in there but it’s not necessary to be in all of them.
- Find and go where your customers are online. If they’re mainly on one or two social media platforms don’t spend much time on the others.
- Accept that you’ll need to spend money on your social media strategy.
- Online marketing isn’t free. Most successful social media campaigns are the result of paid marketing.
- Organic content that goes viral without paying anything is in reality very rare.
- Using interesting content with paid social media will get your content in front of more readers.
4. Email marketing
Building your email list allows you to directly reach your targeted market.
- Your email marketing campaign should encourage people to take action and keep you top of mind.
- In order that your email marketing campaign be successful your offer needs to be of value to your reader.
- Your emails should be relevant and provide something that your customers/clients want and can use.
Click for the Video, ‘The 4 Simple Steps To Getting An 80% Opt-in Rate In Any Niche’ (8:23)
5. Conversion Tactics
Once people start to visit your website, you need to be able to close the sale. That means optimizing your website for conversion.
- You need to make it easy for customers to complete the action you want them to make. Whether it’s signing up for your email list or buying something, it’s important to use tactics that encourage them to buy.
- Website navigation should be easy for potential customers to complete a transaction. Include in your content links that take customers to highlighted products.
- When someone goes to your landing page from your email or social media campaign they’ll be more likely to complete an action you want if your page is optimized for conversion.
- If you take the time to optimize your landing page for conversions you will see a rise in sales and profits
6. Personal Branding
It’s a very good idea to use personal branding in your online marketing.
- While your business may not be all about you. People do business with people they like.
- People connect more with the presence of a real person.
- Be sure to set yourself up as an expert or thought leader.
- Publish work on other websites, you’ll reach more people, widen your audience, and gain credibility.
- Get involved in your local Chamber of Commerce. It will help to build your reputation and visibility, while interacting with others (your peers) in business as yourself.
Make sure you integrate your online marketing with your offline marketing efforts, create a plan that allows you to improve your sales and grow your business.
Posted in Email Marketing, Online Marketing