5 Steps For A Successful Business Email Marketing Campaign
For A Successful Email Marketing Campaign Follow These Steps:
1. Choose an email marketing service
To grow and maintain a good email list, you’ll need an email marketing service.
A good email marketing service will include features that will help you build your email list, send your messages and track your results.
All email marketing services include auto-responders. An autoresponder is a program that gathers your list of email addresses and sends out messages automatically.
You’ll want one that includes:
- The ability to segment your email list and customize it.
- Templates that help you create capture/squeeze pages or let’s you build them from scratch.
- Your list being able to grow without having to pay more as it reaches certain numbers.
- Tracking, which can give you a clear picture of how successful your marketing campaign is going.
If you don’t already have an email marketing tool in mind (or don’t know where to start looking), here is one that I recommend – GlobalNPN all you need email marketing service
2. Create an Opt-in (Signup) Form
- Your website visitors will need a way for your readers to sign up on your email list.
- An opt-in form is the best way to do this.
- Begin by encouraging people to sign up on your opt-in form.
To get as many opt-ins as possible, implement the following strategies:
- Make your signup form simple, the less information requested the better.
- Just ask for the necessary details – Name and Email Address.
- Have a Call to Action (CTA)
- A CTA is anything on your landing page that encourages visitors to take a desired next step, as in signing up on your opt-in form.
- Your CTA should include something to peak your audience’s curiosity and interest.
- It should have a strong message to ensure your CTA gets noticed.
For instance, the benefits they’ll get by signing up in your opt-in form.
Offer Opt-In Incentives:
- To motivate them to sign up to your list you’ll need to convince them that opting-in to your email campaign will be worth their time.
- The best way to do this is by offering an incentive, something of value to your reader in exchange for their email address.
For example: an e-book, in-depth guide, or webinar – You could host a giveaway or create a contest that people enter by filling out your signup form.
3. Use Your Website (landing page) to encourage signups
- Your website (landing page) is the best tool available to get the opt-in form in front of your readers.
- Global NPN has an excellent form-builder and page creator that is simple to use.
- Once your readers opt-in (giving you permission to email them) you use a sales funnel to turn them into engaged readers and possible customers/clients.
Sending out unsolicited messages is spam, ethically questionable and potentially illegal.
Pop-ups used sparingly are a very effective method of getting sign-ups:
- Some pop-ups show up immediately when a user visits your webpage.
- Others appear after a specific amount of time or when the user scrolls to a certain point on the page.
- Some show up only when visitors seem like they’re about to leave your site.
- Tools such as Optin Monster and Popup Maker allow you to create pop-ups quickly and easily.
4. Use Proven Strategy’s to Grow Your Email List:
- Create quality content that your audience finds valuable and wanting to come back to for more.
- Encourage Social Sharing and Referrals
People are more likely to sign up for your email list if a friend or colleague recommends it.
- Word-of-mouth is still a powerful tool.
- For this reason, you’ll want to encourage those already on your list to endorse you on their social media platforms.
- Include social media buttons in your emails.
- Global NPN allows you to do this, this lets your readers easily share your content on Facebook, Twitter, and others, increasing your visibility and most importantly conversions.
- Be sure to thank your readers whenever they do refer a contact.
Building a trusting relationship is a vital part of email marketing.
5. Make sure that your site’s design and functionality provides a good user experience.
- Slow or unresponsive pages frustrate visitors sending them away.
- Your site’s speed all begins with your web host.
- A quality hosting plan like the one Global NPN has can ensure that your site is up fast and your audience has a good experience.
The Global NPN’s fully managed system allow’s you to turn your attention to your email marketing.
Posted in Email Marketing