Local SEO can help Attract New Customers to Your Business
Here are 10 Reasons Why:
- Local customers are going to the internet to find local businesses – on desktop AND mobile
Here are some of statistics:
- 96% of PC owners conduct local searches
- 46% of all Google searches are local
- 64% of local customers use search engines and directories to find local businesses
- 50% of local mobile searchers look for business information (the company’s address or phone number)
- 78% of local mobile searches result in a purchase
2. Local search marketing is highly targeted and timely
The main reason people use local searches is to find what they are looking for NOW. The most common reasons is to find a business, product or service.
By using local search strategies, you position your business to promote your products and services when your customers / clients are looking for them.
Simply put, the best time to connect with a potential customer is when they are looking for you.
3. Local search has the highest conversion levels of all local advertising channels
Online directories (such as Yelp, Citysearch, Foursquare, etc.) display the business’ name, address, phone number (NAP) and sometimes additional information (like a menu or business description).
Local directories usually come upon the first page of most local search results.
Local directory marketing has a high conversion rate, up to 50% conversion on some directories.
By getting your business listed accurately on as many quality online directory sites as you can that are in your niche, it could convert 1 of 2 leads into an actual customer.
Doesn’t get any better then that.
4. Mobile is now a must
More and more customers use mobile phones or tablets to find local businesses while they’re on the go. Mobile use in the US is now at 51% compared to desktop use at 42%.
Local SEO accesses both PC and mobile internet for more potential customers.
(Credit: We Are Social / Hootsuite)
5. Only 20% of adults now read print newspapers
Local newspapers have lost 80% of their readership in the last 20 years. This because more and more people are going to the internet for their news and information about local businesses.5
6. 91% of 18-34 year old’s trust online reviews as they would a personal recommendation
Word of mouth is a major factor in the success of local businesses. Ask customers to leave a positive review (give them an incentive) about your business online, this will attract many new customers.
(Source: Local Consumer Review Survey)
7. Local customers rely on the internet to find information about your business
These days, people depend on the internet to find information about products and services, whether through traditional search or as is more the case now with voice search.
Your business must now be able to be found on local search results or you’ll miss out on new customers.
Implement Local SEO strategies, so when your future customers are searching, your business shows up when they’re looking!
8. Only 44% of businesses have claimed their Google My Business listing!
Google My Business is a free listing on Google for almost any business.
Many local businesses still haven’t got the importance of online marketing. Leaving the door open for you to get a head-start over your competitors.
Getting listed on Google My Business will help you increase your chances of showing up high in local search results on Google.
(Source: Local Marketing Institute)
9. Local SEO results give back high ROI
With local SEO you are able to reach potential customers when they need you most, when they are looking, unlike traditional advertising (newspapers, tv. radio etc.) when much of time they aren’t. This makes Local SEO both efficient and cost-effective.
10. Get on the FREE Local SEO directories NOW
Claim your Google My Business listing, Bing Places for Business. There are hundreds of other online business directories. Get on the ones that are in your niche.
Get the best free promotion for your business!
Using Local SEO Grows Your Business.
These local search trends are strong now and are only going to get stronger and more significant with time.
All local businesses from; plumbers, builders, florists to accountants i.e., can improve their businesses with local SEO.
Take advantage of local SEO now before your competitors do.
I hope this has helped inform you on the power of using Local SEO for your business.
Feel free to get in touch with me should you be looking for help with this.