The Top Five Ways to Generate Online Leads for Your Business.
• Google My Business
• Use Social Media to Find Prospective Leads
• Get Referrals From Your Customers
• Social Networking / Networking Events
• Implement an Email Marketing Campaign
Google My Business
Google My Business is for sure the most useful and important tool to any local marketer next to their website.
Research of Google My Business found that 64% of consumers have used GMB to find details of a local business.
‘The Google My Business Insights Study” by BrightLight, explored 45,000 anonymous listings across 36 industries
Their Key Findings:
- The average business is found in 1,009 searches per month, with 84% of these coming from discovery searches
- 49% of businesses receive more than 1,000 Views on Search per month
- 5% of Google My Business listing views result in a website click, call, or direction request
- Local businesses have a median of 11 photos on Google My Business
- Between Q4 2017 and Q4 2018, direct searches grew by 38%, while website clicks from GMB listings grew 29%
- The average local business receives 1,260 views each month – 943 on Search and 317 on Maps
- 75% of businesses’ GMB listing views are on Search
- Local businesses receive 94% of calls from GMB between Monday and Friday
- The most likely time to receive calls from GMB is 10am to 12pm
Use Social Media to Find Prospective Leads
Social media advertising statistics
- Marketers are spending more on social media advertising; with social media ad spend amounting to more than $89 billion in 2019.
- According to projections, this ad spend will see an annual growth rate of 8.7% and likely reach $102 billion by 2020.
- Mobile users contribute to a majority of social advertising revenue. In fact, 94% of the Facebook advertising revenue for Q3 of 2019 came from mobile.
- The average ad spend per internet user also sees a gradual increase on mobile, jumping from $13.49 in 2018 to $15.40 in 2019. In 2020, advertisers will likely spend $16.85 per mobile internet user.
- There’s a significant increase in adoption of new digital video ad formats like shoppable ads and Stories ads. And marketers are increasing their digital video budgets by 25% year-over-year.
- In fact, social network video ad spending accounted for 28.7% of total video ad spending, at $10.35 billion. We should expect to see a further increase in this number in 2020, as marketers invest around $12.48 on social media video ads.
- Pinterest experiences the highest increase in advertising reach with a 4.1% quarter-on-quarter increase. Instagram comes second with a 2.9% increase, and Twitter comes close with a 2.5% increase. LinkedIn sees a 2.2% increase in advertising reach quarter-on-quarter, while Facebook sees a 0.4% increase.
Statistics related to Facebook:
- 89% of marketers use Facebook in their brand marketing efforts.
- 83% of surveyed consumers use the platform.
- 66% say they Like or Follow a brand on the platform.
- Live video is becoming a vital tool for social marketers and 42% of them have developed a strategy for Facebook Live.
- It generated $17.65 billion in total revenue in the third quarter of 2019.
- Facebook had over 7 million advertisers during Q3 of 2019.
- Facebook use among U.S. marketers is on a slight increase from 86.3% in 2018 to 86.8% in 2019. This number will likely reach 87.1% in 2020.
Some Twitter Statistics:
- As of Q1 2019, Twitter has about 330 million active users worldwide.
- 79% of Twitter users like to discover what’s new, making it the top platform for discovery.
- People are also 26% more likely to view ads on the platform than on any other leading platform.
- Brands send out a median of 0.86 tweets per day, for which they see a median engagement of 0.048%.
- Pinterest has 300 million Global Monthly Active Users (MAUs).
- These users are highly active on the platform and have saved more than 200 billion Pins in total.
- 77% of weekly Pinners have discovered a new brand or product on the platform.
- 98% report trying new things they find on Pinterest.
- 83% of weekly Pinners have made a purchase based on content they saw from brands on Pinterest.
- The platform sees a 30% year-over-year increase in monthly active users.
- During Q2 of 2019, Pinterest saw a 62% year-over-year increase in revenue, earning $261 million.
- The platform currently has over 660 million registered users, with 303 million of them being active on a monthly basis.
- 90 million of these users are senior-level influencers, and 63 million are in decision-making positions.
- LinkedIn has proven to be an effective platform for lead generation and customer acquisition. In fact, it’s 277% more effective than Facebook in generating leads.
- 45% of marketers have also gained customers through the platform.
- 65% of B2B companies have used LinkedIn paid ads to acquire customers.
- 95% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic content marketing, making it the top-rated social media platform.
- It’s also the top-rated paid social media platform, with 76% of B2B content marketers using it.
- It generated $5.2 billion in revenue in 2018, and the number went up to $6.7 billion in 2019.
Social consumer statistics
- Social media helps amplify transparency, which can prove to be rewarding for brands in spite of the challenges it brings. In fact, 53% of consumers say they’re likely to buy from brands that are transparent on social. And 86% of Americans say transparency on social media is more important than ever before, which means they’re willing to take their business to a competitor if they see a lack of transparency.
- Admitting mistakes, giving an honest response to customer queries, providing product/service pricing and showcasing manufacturing practices are some of the top ways for brands to demonstrate transparency via social.
- 53% of consumers expect brands to be transparent about product/service changes and company values on social media.
- 67% of consumers consider video to be the most transparent type of social media posts.
Get Referrals From Your Customers
- Customers acquired through referrals have a 37% higher retention rate
- 81% of consumers are more likely to engage with brands that have reward programs
- Referred customers have an 18% lower churn than customers acquired by other means.
- You can expect at least 16% more in profits from referred customers
- 28% of millennials say they won’t try a product if their friends don’t approve of it.
- Word of mouth is the primary factor behind 20-50% of purchasing decisions.
- Business to business companies with referrals have a 70% higher conversion rate and they report a 69% faster close time on sales.
7 Actionable Ways To Get Referrals From Your Clients
- Ask at the right time
- Offer a reward program
- Partner up with other service providers
- Change the conversation
- Share your client bucket-list
- Offer unique content
- Give clients permission to say no
Social Networking / Networking Events
One study states that networking is vital to the success of 78% of startups.
Face-to-face business networking: Many professionals prefer face to face networking over online networking because the potential for higher quality of relationship is possible. People usually tend to prefer actually knowing and meeting people they intend to do business with.
Here are the top social and business networks for entrepreneurs. Providing guidance, tools and resources to setup your company and gain exposure.
- Entrepreneur Connect: On this site you’re able to start your own blog and can have it appear in the main page.
- PartnerUp: This social network is dedicated to people who are looking for people and resources for business opportunities.
- StartupNation: This site features articles, forums, blogs, on-demand seminars, podcasts and more for entrepreneurs .
- LinkedIn: The most popular social media site for business and entrepreneurs to network with like minded people or to build a company.
- Biznik: This community comprises of freelancers, CEO’s and self-employed to share ideas and get valuable suggestions.
- Perfect Business: You can meet experts, entrepreneurs and investors from various industries. There is video center, a business plan builder and an investor center.
Main advice on networking: Do more listening then talking. Find out about them (much more important) and let them ask you, about you.
Implement an Email Marketing Campaign
- The number of active email users is forecasted to reach 4.3 billion in 2023.
- 293.6 billion emails were sent and received each day.
- Average expected ROI is $42 for every $1 you spend on email marketing.
- 81% of small businesses rely on email as their primary customer acquisition channel, and 80% for retention.
- The average open rate for a welcome email is 82%.
- Emails with personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates.
- Sending 3 abandoned cart emails results in 69% more orders than a single email.
- Videos added to your email increase click rates by 300%.
- 49% of consumers would like to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands.
- 49% of all emails are opened on mobile devices.